Hi everyone, today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite summer memories. We took a trip to Europe, and part of that trip was a week in the wonderful city of Paris. Today I wanted to share a quick layout using one of my favorite photos and a special memory from the trip.
Side note: Unfortunately, I do not have a process video for this layout. I started one, but I had a power outage half way through the process, and my computer did not save the video clips.
Yvonne's stamps go perfectly with your layouts as well as mixed media and card designs. Today, I chose her History of Ever Stamp with Impression Obsession for my layout.
For my paper collection, I grabbed the Posh 12x12 Collection Pack from Simple Stories from Scrapbook.com I love buying collection packs or kits because they have everything I need in one convenient package. Most Local Scrapbook Stores (LSS) will be happy to put similar packages together for you, or already carry similar products or monthly kit clubs.
While visiting Europe this summer, my Husband and I took quite a few cheesy photos in front of some really beautiful places. I checked off LOTS of bucket list items, and those photos need to be documented. I took along a traveling Midori with me so it may contain a lot of those photos. But some of my favs will definitely land on layouts.
To accent this photo I used Yvonne's Stamp on one of the note labels in the paper collection. Most of the paper has gold foiling, and I used the foiling sheets to accent my photos. I decided to heat emboss The History of Ever Sentiment with Gold Foil
This is a photo we took in front of the Eiffel Tower. It is significant because we could see the tower from our flat. Every night at 10pm we watched the tower sparkle and glitter. My husband made sure we went out of our way to be in front of the tower each night to watch the show. He loved it so much! Our last night in Paris, we grabbed a bottle of wine and watched the show on the lawn behind the tower. I loved watching him express so much joy!
He really is my favorite of all time in the history of ever!
I wanted the glitter of the tower to be symbolic on my layout!
So this is how I was able to duplicate the look.
- I made this stencil YEARS ago from a cut file on my Cricut with a transparency to create the Eiffel Tower stencil. I'm sure by now you can find similar stencils or create your own using a cut file from the Silhouette, Cricut or other die cutting system.
- I used Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste in Metallic Gold and spread a thin layer through the stenciled area.
- While it was still wet, I sprinkled German Glass Glitter in Sterling Silver from Prima on top of the tower. Only sprinkle a few pieces of glitter, I didn't want it to be too bulky. I want the tower to twinkle not look like a glittering tower.
- Then I slightly tapped the glitter into the wet paste.
- When this is dry, (about 20 minutes do not use a heat gun - it will cause the embossing paste to shrink ) I tapped off the excess glitter and replaced it into the jar.
Here is the complete layout.
I didn't want anything to take away from the photo, journaling, and the tower. So I kept the layout very clean. The Posh paper collection went perfectly with my photo. I did add a little bit of gold embossing powder to the center of the flowers to spruce them up a bit. Beyond that everything else is very simple. When I finished this layout I remembered how much I loved doing layouts. Thank you for hanging out with me today.